The Morrisville Environmental Advisory Council (MEAC) was created by Borough Council in 1998. The purpose of the EAC is to advise the elected officials, other local governmental agencies, commissions and boards on matters dealing with the protection, conservation, management, promotion and use of natural resources, including air, land and water resources, located within the Borough’s boundaries. (Chapter 29, Borough Code). The MEAC has 5 members appointed by Borough Council and includes interested residents as associate members.
Meetings are held at Borough Hall, 35 Union Street. (Entry to the building from the police parking lot entrance only.) Monthly meetings and Workshop meetings are scheduled and are advertised on the Borough website calendar and on Borough public access television.
Bill Setzer, Chair 215-736-2794
Janet Rivella, Secretary 215-295-5030
Karen Kane 215-295-8758
Nicole Rahman 215-736-1208
Deborah Colgan 215-337-9430
The MEAC provides our local government with an accomplished blend of hometown knowledge, expertise, and genuine community concern on issues pertaining to the environment and the quality of life in our community.
Please join us as we help to make Morrisville a better place to live. Many associate members enjoy volunteering their knowledge and skills on projects and issues that impact the environmental resources of Morrisville.
The public is welcome at all meetings.
Recent EAC accomplishments:
- Morrisville Riverfront Preserve Project Management. The EAC is working on behalf of the Borough in coordinating the ongoing restoration efforts. We have been successful in securing County and Federal grants, as well as donations, to support the project.
- Tree planting projects
- Annual Graystone Woods Spring cleanup
- Delaware riverfront cleanups
- Informational public meeting on natural gas drilling and fracking in Pennsylvania
- Borough of Morrisville Open Space Plan 2009
- Recipient of Landmark Towns “Partners of the Year Award 2009” (with Yardley Borough, Pennsylvania Horticultural Society and TreeVitalize)
- Hosted 2008 Tree Tenders Seminar
- Publication of Homeowner’s Tree Planting Guide
- 2007 Street Tree Inventory and Tree Management Plan