TRASH COLLECTION – Trash is collected two days per week in the borough: Mondays and Thursdays. Recyclables are also collected on Mondays and Thursdays; however, each household has only one recycling day per week. Please contact the Borough to determine which day your recyclables are collected. Trash cannot be placed at the curb any earlier than 6:00pm the day before collection.
SANITATION FEES – Sanitation fees for trash collection are included in the County/Borough tax bills. County/Borough tax bills are mailed for March 1st delivery each year. For more information, please see “Tax Bills” section below.
- The fee for collection and disposal of refuse from residential properties is $289.25 per year, per dwelling unit.
- The fee for collection and disposal of refuse from commercial properties is $590.00 per year, per commercial unit.
- The Sanitation fees are billed to the owner listed on the recorded deed for the dwelling unit/units.
- One bulk item may be placed out each collection day.
- For the disposal of refrigerators, air conditioners or any freon appliance, call Borough Hall to set up an appointment.
- Recyclables will be picked up on Monday or Thursday (as scheduled). Please tie or bag your newspapers.
- If your pickup day falls on a holiday, it will be picked up the following business day.
- Leaf Collection: Residents are not to rake or blow leaves to curbside. Residents have the option to utilize the Morrisville Borough Leaf Drop-off each Fall (located at Delaware & Riverview Avenues); or bag leaves for pick-up on regular trash days.
- A “leaves only” collection is held in the Fall of each year, at which time leaves must be placed in paper bags or trash cans, to be picked up separately on specific dates, NO PLASTIC BAGS. The dates for this collection are posted on the Borough website, the Government Access Channel and in the kiosks outside at Borough Hall.
- Residents should check Comcast Cable Channel #22/Verizon Channel #38 or the Borough website for additional information.